Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"Let's Start A War Shall We" a poem by me inspired by Green Day's "21 Guns"

This piece is to be read along with the instrumental version of Green Day's "21 Guns" following is a link to a fantastic youtube version

Hollow eyes stare back
at me.  I see the blue ocean
Sky.  Rain from invisible clouds, saltwater ocean
Tears.  Thundering shakes and crashes around me
Is the sky falling? 
Is my heart too full to hear the screaming clashing with the wracking sobs?
The world is ending
as this war is
Beginning.  Wounded hearts
form battalions of rage and rally the broken
masses to their battle cry.  The tears from my eyes
are wiped away by the hand of God…
or Bob…
or whoever the fuck is real around here.
I’m not real. I’m not here.  If I was
wouldn’t someone pay attention?
Wouldn’t someone see my fatherless generation
screaming from the pain from the pointlessness of it all?
If I stood and screamed, could you see
my blue sky eyes condemning you?
If I stood before you open and willing
To accept your inadequacies how would you disappoint me this time?
How would you try to turn my eyes
to right, turn my Sin to shame and my shame to your power.
How do you make me feel like the scum of the earth?
Would you even see the air around me thickening and charging with electricity?
Do I shock you?  Does my anger come as a surprise
party to your ignorance?
While my first strikes the air and pumps in defiance
in time with the music
in time with the sound of the thunder
in time with the heart beat of my bastard brothers and sisters
an extended family of blood lines and fear and unwanted guilt born babies.
We stand with Earth colored eyes that have seen pain and suffering handed
out like party favors and we fight
this life of deception you have given us.
These lines of bullshit you have fed us, we no longer accept
The way that it is.
The same old same old will be conquered and a new day will rise.
MY hollow eyes stare back at me from the mirror
of this empty home, my fist strikes lightening at the mirror and thunderous
the glass shatters
raining down a self-borne hurricane
demolishing the island that is
ME in a shower of silver and black
Shards that cut and tear away
The pain of being,
The pain of breathing
The pain of knowing
you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment